Interestingâ€¦ the The Interactive Media Entertainment & Gaming Association (iMEGA) is trying a different tactic to stop the enforcement of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006 (UIGEA). They have filed a lawsuit saying that enforcement of the UIGEA would set a dangerous precedent because â€œsets a dangerous precedent for I-commerce by criminalizing the transmission of money if the end result is illegal in some unspecified placeâ€.
Other grounds pointed out in the lawsuit is the recent rulings by the World Trade Organization against the United States regarding their stance toward online gambling.
Related blog entries:
- HR 2046
- Thoughts on the UIGEA Enforcement Guidelines Draft
- US Gamblers: STOP the Bush Administration r.e. the UIGEA
- UIGEA Regulations Finalized, Banks Must Comply By 12/2009
- Article: Bush Urged To Lift Ban On Online Gambling
- London 2012 Olympic Games: Exclusive Online Casino Sign-up Offers