Yesterday, the United States Treasury and the Federal Reserve Board jointly issued a press release announcing the finalization of UIGEA regulations. The press release includes a link to the actual regulations, a 60+ page document that contains various regulations with which banks have been given a year to comply.
I published my analysis of the UIGEA regulations when they were published in draft form about a year ago. In the coming days, I will be reading the finalized regulations and offering my analysis here.
One initial thought is that the 12 month window that banks have to comply with the regulations is ample time for the Democratic Congress and new Obama Administration to take action to completely repeal the entire UIGEA. More on that later….
Related blog entries:
- US Gamblers: STOP the Bush Administration r.e. the UIGEA
- Article: Bush Urged To Lift Ban On Online Gambling
- Online poker expected to get another look from Congress in 2010
- Online Gambling to be Regulated in the US? Not Likely
- Keeping Poker Legal in the United States
- Online Gambling in the US â€” Is it Legal?