If you think that you’re better than most players at skill games like checkers, chess, backgammon, gin, cribbage, dominoes, canasta, and solitaire games, I have a great site for you. GameColony hosts both free and cash skill game tournaments, and players from 35 US States are eligible to play. (Players are barred from: Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Missouri, South Carolina, Nevada, Ohio, Washington and Vermont.).
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for an account at GameColony — it took me about a minute, since all you need to provide is your choice of a screen name and password, and your birth year.
- Use the free-play option to check out the games that they have to offer. You’ll want to get familiar with the games and the rules before you play for cash.
- Fund your account using PayPal or a credit card for as little as $5.95. You get $Tickets in exchange for your deposit.
- 5 $Tickets for — $5.95
- 10 $Tickets for — $10.95
- 25 $Tickets for — $26.95
- 50 $Tickets for — $51.95
- 100 $Tickets for — $103.95
- Play the games either head-to-head or in multi-person tourneys for $Tickets. Approximately 85% of the $Ticket entry fees are returned to the winners.
- Any time that you have more than 2 $Tickets, you can convert them back to cash and make a withdrawal back to your PayPal or credit card. Withdrawals in excess of your original deposit are sent to you as a check.
Good luck at the games!