Archive for the ‘playoffs’ Category
So — we’re about three weeks into the 2011 MLB Baseball Season. How’s your favorite team doing…? 4-12 or 12-4?
If you’re like me and a fan of the Cincinnati Reds, you’re pretty happy at the top of the National League Central Division, coming off of a 11-2 pounding of the Pirates on Saturday, a game that included the team’s first grand slam of the 2011 season.
Regardless of how your team is doing, I hope that your sportsbook betting season is in full swing. If not, it’s time to get started with a great offer from one of the top-rated US-friendly online sportsbooks, Oddsmaker. It’s a 100% match bonus, up to a grand. You must use bonus code OCGD100 when you sign up at the sportsbook in order to be eligible for this promotion.
- Minimum deposit of $50 and maximum of $1,000.
- Only New members are eligible to claim this offer.
- Bonus money cannot be played on or transferred to poker.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other promotional offers.
- In order to cash out you must rollover the deposit plus the bonus 20 times.
- General Terms and Conditions will also apply.
Use your sportsbook bonus to bet on the MLB season, the NHL and NBA playoffs, and countless number of other sports and entertainment events.
I’ve been playing poker online for several years now. Based on my experiences, feedback from others, and news reports (both good and bad), here is my list of the 4 best online poker sites for US players.
- Doyle’s Room – Free and easy credit card and e-wallet deposits, fast and free e-wallet withdrawals (express check withdrawals are $50), and their unique bounty tournaments set this poker room apart from the others. Doyle’s Room operates on the Cake Poker network, the 4th-largest poker network open to US players in terms of number of players. They also have a pretty good casino, too. Accepting players from 47 states (KY, WA, LA are barred), Doyle’s Room is a great choice for playing poker online. Current online poker promotion for new players: Get a 110% bonus up to $550.
- Full Tilt – There is always a lot of action at Full Tilt, the 2nd-largest poker network in terms of number of players. E-checks are free for depositing and withdrawing, so that’s a real bankroll saver. Also, thinking back to when I first opened an account with Full Tilt, their initial deposit bonus was generous and straightforward to clear. Current online poker promotion for new players: Get a 100% bonus up to $600.
- PokerStars – The granddaddy of them all, PokerStars is the largest poker room in the world — it’s about twice as big as Full Tilt. The PokerStars lobby is full-featured, yet still easy-to-use; the tabbed interface and filtering options allow you to customize its display of just the cash games, tourneys, and poker variants that you want to see. Freerolls abound at PokerStars. E-checks are free for depositing and withdrawing. Current online poker promotion for new players: Get a 100% bonus up to $600.
- OddsMaker.com Poker – This is one of 70+ rooms in the growing Merge Network. While I suppose that one room on the network is as good as any other, OddsMaker.com also has a sportsbook, racebook, and casino, which is convenient if you like to bet sports, play table games, and win at some video poker. Their initial signup offer is simpler than it sounds: $10 rake = 800 VIP points = $10 free money released to real money account. Current online poker promotion for new players: Get a 100% bonus up to $1000 + 14 days of entries into a daily $500 freeroll.
Here’s what I have my eye on this weekend. head on over to Intertops to check out the lines.
- ALCS Game 6: Cleveland Indians at Boston Red Sox. Shilling goes for the Sox, and is looking to rebound from his poor start earlier in the series. He looked awesome against the Angles, but the Indians seems to have him figured out. Can he take the Sox to a deciding Game 7? Or will the Indians take the series and face off against the streaking Colorado Rockies in the World Series?
- UFC 77 – Hostile Territory: Cincinnati Ohio native Jorge Gurgel takes on Alvin Robinson inÂ a featuredÂ bout. Gurgel is looking to revenge an earlier defeat at the hands on Robinson. And then there is the main event, featuring Rich Franklin taking on UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva. Should be a great evening of Ultimate Fighting!
- Tampa Bay @ Detroit and Chicago @ Philadelphia look to be two of the more evenly-matched games on the Week 7 NFL schedule. I’m picking both of the home teams in these two games.