Back in the day, every US-facing online poker site worth its salt ran regularly-scheduled online poker freerolls with real cash prizes and no entry requirements. Before Black Friday in April 2011, the least amount of time that you would have to wait before another online poker freeroll started somewhere was maybe 90 minutes.
I just reviewed the top US-friendly online poker sites, and online poker freerolls seem to be a thing of the past. Only one of the four top online poker sites, Poker4Ever on the Everleaf Network, runs regularly-scheduled freerolls any longer, and the prize pools are as small as $5.
And while Doyle’s Room does have their “Freeroll Fridays in September“, this is a special promotion and isn’t a part of their regular freeroll tourney offerings. Finally, Cake Poker and BoDog have freerolls, but only for their new players.
It’s too bad that freerolls appear to be a thing of the past. I think newbies looked forward to getting their feet wet with these types of tourneys.
Related blog entries:
- DoylesRoom Review - Most US Players Welcome
- Online Poker in the USA - Making Sense of Fees and eWallets
- Marking 10 Years in Online Gambling
- Online Poker in the United States as of July 2011
- Doyle's Room Merges with Americas Cardroom
- Freeroll Your Way to the Punta Cana Poker Classic at Americas Cardroom