Beginning November 10, 2008, all Microgaming casinos and poker rooms will stop accepting new players from the United States.
This announcement comes in the wake of the recent Kentucky ruling that ordered 140+ online gambling sites to block access to their sites by KY residents or face forfeiture of their domains to the state. Many of these 140+ online gambling sites were Microgaming casinos and poker rooms, and I believe that the company has decided that the cost and risk of serving the United States is no longer worth the profits that US players generate.
It is unclear if US players that currently have an account with a Microgaming casino or poker room will be permitted to continue to play after November 10.My preliminary research suggests that some will and some will not. As of right now, the following Microgaming casinos have stated that they WILLÂ allow existing players that are US residents to play at their Microgaming casino after the November 10 deadline. Be advised that this policyÂ could change at any time, but this is the information that I have at the time of this writing.
- Casino ShareÂ : My personal recommendation. Get $2008 FREE + a 100% bonus on initial deposits between $20 and $100!
- Colosseum Casino
- Grand Hotel
- Vegas 7
- Vegas Country
- Vegas Joker
- Vegas Slot
What should you do?
- If you have an account at one of theÂ Microgaming casinos in the list above, sit tight and see how this all plays out. I suspect that you will soon be receiving an email from your casino.
- If you have an account at another Microgaming casino,Â open an account at one of theÂ Microgaming casinos in the list above as soon as possible. This way, if your Microgaming casino does decide to cut you off, you may have an alternative for playing your favorite Microgaming casino games.
- If you do not have an account at any Microgaming casino, open an account at one of theÂ Microgaming casinos in the list above as soon as possible. This way, you may at least have the chance to play at a Microgaming casino should you decide that you want to in the future. If you don’t open an account before November 10, you may never again have the chance to do so.
(Please note: Microgaming casinos do not accept players from the following US states: IL, IN, LA, MI, NJ, NV, NY, OR, SD, WA, WI. Wherever you live, please check your local, state and provincial laws before you gamble online.)
Related blog entries:
- Blacklist Update: Grand Prive Sites, including Bella Vegas, Fortune Junction, Jackpot Wheel, Jupiter Club, Lake Palace, Road House Reels, Casino Grand Bay, Grand Bay Poker
- Exclusive Free Spins Offer (Non-US only) -- Expires Soon
- Triple Bonus Opening Offer at Grand Mondial
- New Microgaming Slots For October
- Microgaming 1 Million Euro online slot tournament
- Exclusive Bonus from The Online Casino Gambling Directory